Re: boot-floppies 2.2.25 with i386 2.2.19 upgrade

Brian Schramm <bschramm@schramms.yi.org> writes:

> DC-390U3  is the scsi controler.  I am not quite sur ehow to load a module
> with the install disks.  I tried building the drivers-1 disk and load the
> module from the menu and it said that it cannot mount the disk.

Please read the manual.  Quoting
<URL:http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/i386/ch-init-config.en.html#s-configure-modules>:

You will first be prompted if you would like to load additional kernel
modules from a vendor-supplied floppy. Most can skip this step, since
it is only useful if there are some additional proprietary or
non-standard modules which are needed for your hardware (for instance,
for a specific SCSI controller). It will look for modules in the
floppy in locations such as /lib/modules/misc (where misc can be any
standard kernel module section). Any such files will be copied to the
disk you're installing to, so that they can be configured in the next
step.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>