nfs re-export issues

Hey all, I am working on getting a diskless cluster working and
everything seems to be fine except for one thing, but first let
me give you a breakdown of the suspects:

client - app server - file server

The client mounts /export/home as /export/home off the app
server, and the app server mounts /export/home as /export/home
off the file server.  The client and the app server are running
2.2.19 kernels and testing, the file server is a 2.2.18 kernel
and redhat 6.0.

So rpc.nfsd and rpc.mountd are both being run with the
--re-export option (which is the only way I can get the client to
mount them w/o permission denied errors).  My problem is that
anytime I try to read or write to /export/home on the client, I
get Stale NFS File Handle errors.

I can read/write just fine on the app server, as long as I am the
correct user.  All 3 machines have the same /etc/passwd, shadow,
group except the two servers have all user accounts /bin/false
for shell, but the client has /bin/bash.

I have tried rebooting all the machines, start-stopping nfs on
the servers, tried different kernals on the app server (one w/
knfsd one w/o).

I am stumped.  Any ideas?

	-Shane
Shane Liebling                       Unit 5 Technical Coordinator '99-'01
shane@rescomp                     http://www.rescomp.berkeley.edu/~shane/
Absurdity, n.:
	A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own
opinion.
Captain Kirk must take the anorexic cyberdeck from the Last National Bank.