Re: Matrox G550 not supported

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 07:15:44PM -0500, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> > now I wanted to install the current test version in debian of the
> > xfree with apt-get but I didn't find how to install test packages. I also
> > tried dpkg but it didn't install it cleanly. Could anyone give me a suggestion
> > to solve this problem, please?
>
> What exactly is it you want to do?  Your options are (in order from easiest
> to hardest):
>
>   * upgrade the entire system to the testing version of Debian
>
>   * upgrade just XFree86 and its dependencies to the testing version,
>     running half stable/half testing

This one is actually pretty easy with the XFree86 4.0.3 or 4.1.0
packages from Carl Botha, which are basically the "testing" XFree
packages backported to "stable". See http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/ .

Erik

--
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Faculty
of Information Technology and Systems, Delft University of Technology,