Re: Kernel 2.4.x compilation problem continued...

I never tested it with 2.4.17pre8, the comment I read was saying, that
it's at least better with that version, but that there is still the
possibility of a failure.

The newester versions 2.4.17-rc2 and above perhaps improved that, but I
remember that I disabled the pcmcia module (compiled it statically into
the kernel) and had success with pre8 and binutils. But this only shows,
that the problems with the new binutils arise on several different
locations in the kernel source.

The solution I had not yet tested is the downgrading of binutils. I
haven't found the version I mentioned earlier in the debian pools, so I
will perhaps go for the version, I have on woody-CDs, I bought a month
ago. But I don't know, if that will break some dependencies... thus
requiring further downgrading of other parts.

Holger

--
Holger Paschke / mailto:hpaschke@gmx.de