Re: network interface deconfiguration upon halt and reboot

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 01:21:03AM -0500, Ron Brown wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:
>      When `init' changes runlevel first the targets of the links whose
>      names starting with a `K' are executed, each with the single argument
>      `stop', followed by the scripts prefixed with an `S', each with the
>      single argument `start'.  The `K' links are responsible for killing
>      services and the `S' link for starting services upon entering the
>      runlevel.
> Either debian-policy or the symlinks in /etc/rc0.d/ and /etc/rc6.d/ need
> to be changed.

     The two runlevels 0 (halt) and 6 (reboot) are slightly different.  In
     these runlevels, the links with an `S' prefix are still called after
     those with a `K' prefix, but they too are called with the single
     argument `stop'.

..is the paragraph you should've looked at.

Cheers,
aj

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt