Re: network interface deconfiguration upon halt and reboot

I have the same problem... however, my computer won't actually reboot.
Lately, I have noticed that I am getting the following error at boot:
'Spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7', which has been labeled as a minor
kernel bug as of 2.4.10 (I think?!). General opinion is that it is of no
consequence (Alan Cox), but... I have to shut my computer off after I
reboot in order to bring my OS back up. A minor inconvenience, but an
inconvenience nonetheless... all hardware is very new, my NIC is a
RealTek 8139... even if I shut down my network interface manually, my
computer still freezes on reboot... any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

- James