GLIBC Upgrade problem

I have recently upgraded my debian 2.2 distro to the testing version and all went smoothly (via apt) except for one seeminly related thing.

When i try to run gdb I get:
$gdb
gdb: relocation error: /usr/lib/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_debug_impcalls, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference

and in an apt --configure I get:
Setting up mozilla-browser (0.9.5-ximian.1) ...
/bin/rm: /usr/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.2' not found (required by /bin/rm)
dpkg: error processing mozilla-browser (--configure):

I can run rm without a problem from the command line so does anyone know how I can fix this/these problems?

The system has libc6-2.2.4-3 installed.