Re: FW: Installing from floppies fails (chroot not allowed)

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 09:30:13AM -0000, Stef?n F. Stef?nsson wrote:
> I sent this one to debian-user but got no response.  Hopefully someone
> here can help me.
>
> > I've been trying to set up (again) Debian linux.  I've been trying
> > to do this with floppies and trying to download the files I need
> > through the net.  I'm setting up the 'testing' distribution.

Be aware that 'testing' is not ready for release yet. If you're a
newbie, you might be better off with 'stable', at least for the
installation phase.

> > All works fine until I start installing the base system.  The
> > packages download and all but after a while an error comes up
> > telling me something about not being able to run chroot on target/.

I understand that this is a known bug and has been fixed in the latest
version of the boot-floppies.

Cheers,