libc dependency problem.

>>>>> "igor" == igor  <igor@ta2000.dyndns.org> writes:

  igor> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
  igor>   debianutils: PreDepends: libc6 (>= 2.1.97) but 2.1.3-18 is to be installed
  igor> E: Internal Error, InstallPackages was called with broken packages!

  igor> -----------------------------------------------------------------

  igor> Is there something that I'm doing wrong. Should I try a
  igor> different site to pull the update from ?

I'm getting everything from the site you are using and everything is OK.

  igor> debian:/etc/apt# dpkg -l libc6
  igor> Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
  igor> | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
  igor> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
  igor> uppercase=bad)
  igor> ||/ Name               Version            Description
  igor> +++-==================-==================-====================================================
  igor> ii  libc6              2.1.3-18           GNU C Library: Shared libraries and

This is very odd.  I'm showing 2.2.4-1 as the libc6.

First of all, are you upgrading a stable distribution ? If so you
should really do :

   apt-get dist-upgrade

or maybe try upgrading libc6 by itself, i.e.

   apt-get install libc6

and then try upgrading.

HTH

Brian