Re: RFD: Separate mailing list for users running testing?

--- Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 01:25:52PM -0700, tluxt wrote:
> > > FYI, debian-testing is NOT for developers.
> >
> > Hmm...
> >
> > If that is true then perhaps it would be a good idea to update some part
> > of the following to be more accurate, correct, or informative.
> >
> > http://lists.debian.org/devel.html
> > "This is an index of mailing list archives for the following category:
> > Developers" debian-testing: Testing Debian
>
> The www.d.o/intro/organization web page was unclear about debian-testing,
> too. This was basically because nobody had a clue what the list was about,
> and nobody complained. <shrug>
>
> I'll readjust stuff to better match Dale's comments.

I think it's great you're updating important information.  :)

But, Dale's comments didn't give me a clear impression of what the list
debian-testing is supposed to be about _today_ (long after 1.3).

In fact, I'm wondering: _does_ it have a speific purpose today?

If it is true that at one time "nobody had a clue what the list was about",
then maybe there is still no definitive statement of what that
list _really_ is about.