tftpd and bootp on ppc

Hi;
  This is my first time using a testing dist, and its also the first time I
tried either bootp or tftpd.  However I think there's something either
misleading about tftpd's package or it is actually incorrect. [I'm using
the macppc port]

First off I'll mention that tftpd's package doesn't seem to contain the
binary for tftpd, though the man page would suggest it would.
Secondly I'm a little confused by bootp because though I'm running it in
standalone mode, it doesn't seem to respond to clients, and it hasn't been
configured to start up at boot time.

here's some of the facts about tftpd that confuse me:

hyperbolic:~# dpkg -l tftpd
uppercase=bad)
ii  tftpd          0.17-5         Internet trivial file transfer protocol serv
hyperbolic:~# dpkg -L tftpd
/.
/usr
/usr/sbin
/usr/sbin/in.tftpd
/usr/share
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man8
/usr/share/man/man8/in.tftpd.8.gz
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/tftpd
/usr/share/doc/tftpd/README
/usr/share/doc/tftpd/copyright
/usr/share/doc/tftpd/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/tftpd/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/tftpd.8.gz

hyperbolic:~# whoami
root
hyperbolic:~# man tftpd
TFTPD(8)                    System Manager's Manual

NAME
     tftpd - DARPA Trivial File Transfer Protocol server

SYNOPSIS
     tftpd [-n] [-s] [directory ...]

hyperbolic:~# tftpd
bash: tftpd: command not found