Re: Still no base tarball

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 09:32:11AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> Anthony, Adam tells me that you are the responsible party for the base
> tarball. Where do we find this beast?

Hrm. I don't really have the b/width to make these available. They're pretty
easy to generate:

for a in alpha i386 powerpc; do
	/usr/sbin/debootstrap --download-only --arch $a woody woody-$a http://ftp.debian.org/debian/
	(cd woody-$a && tar cf ../basedebs_3.0_$a.tar *)
	rm -rf woody-$a
done

Probably should be run as root to get sensible permissions on the debs,
and needs to be the latest debootstrap from unstable rather than testing,
but otherwise should be fine and easy.

Cheers,
aj