RE: woody boot-floppies 3.0.9 i386 for testing

I've tried the install on the Dell laptop.  A Dell Latitude, PIII 750MHz,
256MB, 3Com 3c575CT network pcmcia card.

When trying to 'Configure PCMCIA Support', selecting 'PCMCIA controller',
using the i82365L or compatible selection results in a 'PCMCIA Error'.  No
options are specifed during the loading.  This procedure works with the
2.2.20 boot disks.  /var/log/messages reports:

dbootstrap[138]: No /var/run/cardmgr.pid, cardmgr not needing to be stopped
dbootstrap[138]: rmmod: module ds is not loaded
dbootstrap[138]: rmmod: module i82365 is not loaded
dbootstrap[138]: rmmod: module pcmcia_core is not loaded
daemon.err insmod: insmod: /target/lib/modules/2.2.19/pcmcia/pcmcia_core.o:
No such file or directory
//--(pcmcia directory doesn't exist in 2.2.19 directory)
dbootstrap[138]: An error encountered while trying to load and configure the
PCMCIA modules

As a side note: the 3c575CT PCMCIA card does not work with card services in
2.4.x kernels.  The 3c59x is used as the docs say that the support was moved
to that driver.  However, card services will not initialize the network
settings.  If the network settings are placed in /etc/network/interfaces
under eth0, then at boot the network will come up, but if the card is
removed and replaced the network is gone (of course).  Does anyone know the
secret to get card services to manage this network card?

Also, the Dell Dimension is at my home so I will get to that install attempt
tonight. (I've had troubles with the 3.0.8 disks on this box too)

-Craig