Re: Re :- Re: Install Report II (The Revenge; bf 3.0.7 (beta); Acer Laptop; floppy/basedebs)

> On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 10:10:55AM +0100, Dave Restall - System Administrator wrote:
> > > A valid passwordless system is a _very_ rare case.
> > Who decides what "valid" is ?
>
> The admin. Later.

Is it your official statement then that it's reasonable for the
install to order the user to set something up, for no particularly
good reason, and then force the user to go again and reconfigure it?

If there were a technical reason why this made the install go a lot
easier, I could understand it, but in this case I can't see any
technical reasons at all.