Re: Install Report II (The Revenge; bf 3.0.7 (beta); Acer Laptop; floppy/basedebs)

Joey Hess wrote:
> I have a problem with the idea that someone could hit enter a few times
> by accident and end up with a passwordless system.
>
> A valid passwordless system is a _very_ rare case.

OTOH, there's probably nothing wrong with turning the "your password is
empty" prompt into a "your password is empty, wannt keep it that way
[yN]" prompt (note defalut is NO). Feel free to suggest that to the
maintainer of passwd.

--
see shy jo