Re: emacs VM troubles

Rhebergen@fel.tno.nl writes:
 > Dear all,
 >
 > I've been "tracking testting" for a coupld ofweeeks now. Ever since I
 > moved to testing my emacs VM (visual mail) package crashes emacs as soon
                                                              ^^^^^
 > as I start the VM application. I was wondering if anyone else is
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 > experiencing this problem. Secondly I would of course be interested to
 > know how to remedy this (apart from moving back to stable).

I have been running these packages,

    107 jeff ~ $ dpkg_l vm emacs20
    [...]
    ii vm 6.91-1 A mail user agent for Emacs
    ii emacs20 20.7-3 The GNU Emacs editor.

without any problems at all.

Try bypassing your .emacs and and .vm files, then M-x vm and see
if emacs still "crashes".  In other words, try to narrow down the
problem scenario.

Exactly what do you mean by "crashes emacs"?  Please learn how to
submit a useful problem report.

--
Jeff Sheinberg  <jeffsh@erols.com>