Re: Problem to apt-get install xserver-xfree86 on test/unstable

At 12:30 2001-05-08 +0200, you wrote:
Hi ..

i have been running my a stable 2.2rev2 box and wanted to get my scroll mouse to work.. so i changed in my /etc/apt/sources.list and changed to unstable instead of potato ... after that apt-get upgrade , dselect ..and after that [I] install . I had little problem with dselect..that i solved by doing a manual apt-get install dselect in mu /var/cache/apt/packages/ ..fine .. everyting worked like a charm until i vas to configure the xserver-xfree86 package ..(no response) .. so after a litle tweaking i finaly ..manage to install the package .. but not configure it ..so now i have a big C** in dselect .. how do i get around this problem ?? im not in a good mood to reinstall the system ... help please ..

//Henrik

- Ok ! i went the simple way .. -> get woody cd-image -> burn -> install ->
get testing packages -> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 -> choose scrollmouse
-> hack XF86Config-4 -> W o r k i n g !! :-)

now i only want to be able to get the anti-alaising to work ...

//Henrik