Re: new potato boot-floppies

Perhaps you all should have read my post more fully.  It is NOT an
old kernel, it is 2.2.18pre21 and I tested an install.  It works
fine for 2.2.r2 Debian as I said.  It SHOULD be used unless you are
posting yours for 2.2r2.
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 01:51:29AM -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> > For people who care about powerpc stuff....
> >
> > While the changelog below mentions powerpc, these are of course only
> > ia32 floppies.  Having no patience, I have taken the liberty to
>
> Of course, I've built them eight times in the past two days... You
> -could- just have asked on the list.  I didn't upload them because I
> was in the middle of debugging...

As was I.  Building and debugging, that is.

> > build a boot floppy for oldworld apple powermacs that solves the
> > dreaded no response from keyboard when prompting to insert root
> > floppy problem.  It seems to work for doing installs on the one
>
> this.
>
> > machine that I was able to test it on, an Apple 7200/75.  It may
> > spew out a few error messages at one or two places about missing
> > symbols, can't load modules.  This should be ignored, unless someone
> > discovers a piece of hardware that isn't supported during the
> > install phase, in which case I'll fix it.  It should be fine,
> > though.  This works for the 2.2r2 Debian release for powerpc
>
> It SHOULD NOT BE USED.  You're avoiding a problem by using an old
> kernel where the problem didn't occur; I've fixed the problem.  The new
> floppies will probably be on mirrors by tomorrow.  You'll hit a lot of
> random issues by the fact that you're not using the kernel that the
> floppies were built with.
>
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 03:49:50PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Ethan Benson wrote:
> > > his image is just the old 2.2.16 boot floppy since the potato r2 boot
> > > floppies are broken.  drow is trying to fix that in the r3 boot
> > > floppies.

You should have read the whole post.  It clearly says otherwise.