RE: Problems with XFree 4.0.2 when upgrading from stable to testing

Not that this is all that related, but I upgraded from testing to unstable
and The XFree 4 package was having all kinds of trouble.  It complained
about /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt not being a sym link.  That happened due
to my method used in merging my DRI and my original X directories.  Was
this an expected and common error?

On another note, how do I make dummy packages to make my system think I
have packages installed when I build from source?  I built my own glide3
and libGL* from the DRI tree, but my system still wanted to install Mesa
when I was installing GLtron and TuxRacer.  Is there a howto on that?  If
not where do I start and how hard would it be to make a program/extension
to apt that creates a blank package for a dependancy when it is already on
the system?

Shaun Kruger
shaun@linuxhost.cc