Re: BIND in the latest unstable archive

shaun@kruger.homeip.net (Shaun Kruger) writes:

> I just upgraded my bind and all my name service stopped.  I'm running an
> old P133 with 48MB ram.  I put an old bind from 2.2r1 CDs on and it came
> up without a problem.

The zone file parser in 8.2.3 rejects some syntax details which were acceptable
to versions prior to 8.2.3.  Check your syslog files for details of what it's
unhappy with, and it shouldn't take much to clean up your zone files.

Note that the parser changes in 8.2.3 are reportedly also in 9.1.0, so fixing
syntax issues in your zone files now is a good thing for the future.

Bdale