Re: Upgrade from Slink

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 13:28, Matthew Thompson wrote:
> I run a server at mattyt.net (wu-ftp, apache, sendmail, samba, netatalk)
> and recently ugraded from 2.1 to 2.2.  I do not run any XFree on it,
> console only.  I don't even have a monitor or keyboard hooked up, just ssh
> access.  The name of the server on the LAN is doma.
>
> The upgrade, using dselect, proceeded without issue.  I had to restart
> some services, but everything works fine except for one thing:  my Win98
> box, named igra on the LAN (just gotta play Descent 3 :) no longer will
> connect to doma via Samba.  doma shows up in the Network Neighborhood, and
> I am able to connect to doma every other way (I am sending this email via
> an ssh session).  However, when I click on the doma icon, I can hear
> doma's hard drive crunch for a second, then I get the error "\\Doma is
> not accessible.  This device does not exist on the network."  I have
> restarted samba and restarted my Win98 box a couple of times each, to no
> avail.  A copy of my smb.conf file is here:

Dunno about Win98, but in Win95 sometimes it's necessary to have the
samba machine in the C:\WINDOWS\HOSTS file.

$ cat /win95/windows/hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost
abc.def.37.37   quanyin
abc.def.37.100  dataserver

Luck,
Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\