potato run-through report

Wow. :) The boot floppies are quite nice. Things have improved quite a
bit since the last time I installed debian.

There are three points I think should be addressed before shipping,
though. The first is in the module selection stage (for kernel modules):
the menu 'thingy' changes width when one changes from one submenu to
another. This was annoying. (As a result, the text for the "Done with
this section, head back to the main menu" entry was chopped off
prematurely.) I would also suggest that a "next" entry as the default
would be helpful. Many users are likely to traverse the whole menu
structure, and this would help them out immensely.

The second point is that while in the dselect stage, I used _ on nvi,
emacs20, emacsen-common, xfree86-common, xlib6g, talk, talkd, lpr, tcsh,
tcsh-i18n, and perhaps ppp -- and all were installed by apt once it
started talking with the server.

The third point is that the description for the 3c59x module doesn't
mention the 3c905 series of cards, which it also supports (and which
happens to be my network card :) -- a small note to this effect would
save some people some frustration. :)

There is one suggestion I have that I think might be worth putting in,
but isn't a reason to dely shipment: offer the user the choice of
installing an /etc/apt/sources.list file with either stable, frozen, or
unstable. (Or some subset thereof. :) If apt can deal with a symlink for
/etc/apt/sources.list, this might be the best way -- install several
sources.list_{stable|unstable|frozen} and symlink the one the user
wanted...

All in all, it was quite a pleasing experience. (That, and the default
boot floppy worked on my bp6, which surprised me.. :)

Thanks :)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
'Netscape engineers are weenies!' -- Microsoft