Potato CD install

I have just finished a test install using the first TC3 CD (NONUS).  No
problems. It took about 50 min to install all the task-* packages (except
task-laptop).

I was particularly impressed by the opening xf86config screens.  Worked
like a charm.  There were no broken packages or the need to clean up.  The
HDD space used was about 750 MB.

deselect was then run and it installed the remaining standard packages and
the HDD space used rose to ~850 MB.

Comments.

lpr, ibritish, iamerican where not installed using the task-*s, but were
installed with the dselect run.  magicfilter or apsfilter would be useful
as well, and neither are on the CD; could at least one of these be
included on the first CD before the release?  Maybe a task-misc is needed
for 2.2r2

Is there some way that gnome can be preconfigured so it will run by
default and not need to be configured after the install?  I am thinking of
newbies here.

During the dselect run the only missing recommended file (that I noticed)
was dialog. It is a pity that Netscape is non-free.

I was very impressed with the whole installation, by far the easiest I
have made.  Congratulations everyone.

System.  Pentium 266.  64 MB RAM.  S3 ViRG with 2 MB.  Don't ask me about
other details, I always forget.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818