potato xserver-SiS ???

Started from compact boot floppies. Selected the most basic X task,
whatever it's called. The installer decided to install the non-free
xserver-SiS package.

My card, Matrox Millennium AGP, needs xserver-svga.

I manually installed xserver-svga, xserver-vga16, and xf86setup and set
things up with XF86Setup.

Is there a "newer" way to go about setting up X?

Cheers,
 Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\