Re: please help test debian frozen

At Joey Hess's request (on deb-user), I am posting my potato experiences here.

I installed potato on my home machine not too long after it went frozen,
via apt/ftp, by editing sources.list to point to potato.  My only problem
was associated with the reorganization of the non-us archive.  I figured it
out myself, but new upgraders can save themselves that trouble by Reading
The Fine Release Notes.

I also upgraded my work machine not too long after, using the same approach,
only with a much faster connection.  The only problem with this upgrade was
that samba quit working.  This problem was fixed by installing newer
(official potato) packages as they came available.

Potato is great.  Judging from its performance on two machines that I use
daily, it is ready for prime time.  Many thanks to all the Debian developers
who put in all the hours to bring it to this point.

Mike Taylor