Re: Installation idiot test 2000 #3

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Philip Charles wrote:
>
> > 1.  I had to scan each of the three binary CDs.  Is this intended or is it
> > connected with bug 57949?  If it is intended then it needs to be made
> > clear that all binary discs need to be scanned.
>
> If you are using APT it is intended, I think dpkg-multicd should be
> obsolete, the latest APT cdrom code superceeds it in all respects AFAIK

I had my newbie hat on and so followed my nose as any newbie would.  The
discs had been prepared from the latest debian-cd from cvs.  Yes it was
apt that was being used, dselect (selected through "expert") was the font
end.

> > 4.  I had to shuffle discs in and out of the CDROM during the install,
> > twice I was asked to insert the CD that was already loaded.  I am assuming
>
> If you are using APT this is a rather bizzar bug.

Curious rather than serious though, but could be symptomatic of something
more serious..

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818