Re: slink to potato checklist

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 paulwade@greenbush.com wrote:

> Maybe tonight's test should be a slink install followed by a potato
> upgrade.
>
> So far I have:
>
> 1) see what happens to /root permissions along the way
>
> 2) create a long groupname as slink and see if we can add a new user to it
> as potato
>
> Anybody care to add an item?

I would add general items to make sure the upgrade is smooth.
Examples:

* Check that you don't have to reconfigure anything by hand after
upgrading to make it to work again.

* Check that every "useful" package is properly updated (some packages
changed the name, in some cases a dummy package is needed to help dselect).
[ Really obsolete libraries which do no longer exist do not count as
  "useful" here ].

* Check that you don't have to force anything when using dselect.

* Check that packages don't ask silly questions when upgrading,
including things that have been asked before or things which are
not important enough to be asked.

Thanks.

--
 "9b115a2459f94c5ed4641c0c87cf7443" (a truly random sig)