Re: Problem: libc6 package in frozen damaged?

sharkey@ale.physics.sunysb.edu scripsit:
|I'm out of ideas.  You're going to have to add debugging statements to
|the scripts to see exactly what's going on.

Stupid question:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/libc6.preinst

comes from the newly extracted package or from the installed libc6
(2.0.x)?  I have this nagging feeling that the script there is not the
one which is relevant (but perhaps I simply haven't understood the
mechanism exactly).  Let me explain why:  I have moved the
libc6.preinst out of the way,  tried installing again and the
libc6.preinst script never appears in /var/lib/dpkg/info -  the error
is the same!  Curious to say the least.  It seems to me that perhaps
we are missing the point.

Arrigo