Re: Regarding Debuging Rescue Kernel Hangs with AHA-2940

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 10:17:14AM -0800, Max Bell generated a stream of 1s and 0s:
> Hello,
>
> I have a nice dual-P2 box with a AHA-2940 that I'd like to run Debian
> on.  Unfortunately, it hangs due to said card and the "aic7xxx=no_probe"
> option does nothing to fix it.  I have verified that the AHA-2940 is the
> issue by removing cards -- take out the AHA-2940 and it boots fine.
> I would be happy to test any new kernels related to fixing this problem.
> FWIW, I'd suspect the DC930 driver is the problem -- booting proceeds PAST
> the AHA-2940 initialization just fine, and past another scsi driver after
> that.  It hangs immedately after "DC930: no adapters found".  Anyway,
> hope someone has this fixed, as I'd hate to have to go to Red Hat.  :-/
>
> Max

The problem could be hardware rather than just software. I have seen
several accounts of problems with this card, and those were
configuration/hardware incompatibility issues. Play with setting in
CMOS, see what happens.

--
Get the truth or risc frying your brains! --> www.truthinlabeling.org <--