Re: Will software compiled with glibc2.0 work on potato?

F. Fernandez wrote:
> I seem to recall reading somewhere that glibc2.1 is not binary
> compatible with glibc2.0. We work with some software distibuted
> in binary form (like Informix and Oracle, for instance).
>
> Will they continue to work when we switch to potato?

I belive it preserves backwards binary compatability. Programs built with
glibc 2.1 will not work on 2.0 systems, but programs built with 2.0 will
work on 2.1 systems (unless they broke the rules and used internal symbols
in 2.0 that they were not supposed to use).

--
see shy jo