Re: resc1440 i386 2.2.1-1999-10-22 failure on Compaq DeskPro XL 5133

Marcel Harkema scripsit:
|  I have the same problems with Compaq Deskpro XL and other Deskpro boxes.
|  When I replace the kernel on the rescue disk with a custom built one it
|  works fine.

As an addendum: this Deskpro XL is unable to write a boot sector which
works. The machine comes up with the MBR prompt 1FA but refuses to
boot from parition 1 (disk is 1.05Gb Quantum SCSI, sda1 is only 64Mb
and well within the 1024 sector limit for booting). Any clues?

I have re-run LILO ample times but to no avail.

Ciao,

Arrigo

--
Arrigo Triulzi <arrigo@nh.netherhall.org.uk>