RE: New boot floppies for potato!

I'll test out the floppies on:
  Dell Optiplex GX1 (PII/400)
  Dell Inspiron 7000 (notebook, PII/366)
  Dell PowerEdge 8450 (PIII/Xeon 500 x 8)
  Custom machine .. (PIII/600 x 2, Tyan m/b)

Not exactly any 'weird' configurations there (maybe the poweredge .. but not
really)

On the note of the poweredge ... Does the kernel on the rescue disk have the
AMI MegaRaid driver built in? (in the past I've had to build custom rescue
floppies for our systems for that driver...)

Also, the newer PowerEdge systems are coming with a new Adaptec raid
controller (4 channel, 64 meg, very fast..), and good 'ole adaptec is
refusing to release the source to the public (they are going to release it,
as they say, with '6.1'.. unfortunately, as we all know .. they mean 'RedHat
6.1' .. Our good ties with Dell have gotten us the beta version of the
driver, which, unfortunately comes in module (object) form, no source .. and
even worse, its precompiled for '2.2.5-15' without symbols included .. so
its useless to most of the world (well, at least to those who actually keep
up-to-date with their kernels) ... Perhaps this is a better topic for the
linux kernel list, but would anyone else have a 'need' for this driver?
(not that I can give it out, NDA stuff ..)  I'm trying to talk Dell/Adaptec
into releasing it to the mainstream kernel maintainers (so that way it will
be properly tested, and perhaps patched, and also integrated into every new
revision of the kernel).. I've already asked on the kernel list, and only
found a couple people who have the same dilemna .. Anyone ? (btw, if anyone
currently has any previously purchased poweredge systems with the AMI
controller .. thats a thing of the past, as Dell is no longer shipping with
that controller, unless you specifically ask .. )

-Terry