Re: Announcing the first release of potato boot-floppies

To: The Testing Group

Take a look at the end of this posting for an update on the URL for
finding the newest set of boot floppies. At least three people have
checked in at this posting, so we have enough people to start taking a
crack at this. This doesn't mean that the rest of you lurking out there on
debian-testing shouldn't speak up and take a whack yourself ;-)

To: Marcel Harkema

Thanks for the update! As you can see, I have passed it on ;-)

Could you be sure to CC the testing group on all such announcements from
here on out? I don't really need to act as middle man in the information
exchange, do I?

The Testing Group will get started trying out your new "baby" right away!

To: Everyone who has not gone to sleep or wandered off because of the
    length of this posting ;-)

I'm getting into a car, in about an hour, to go to Orlando this evening. I
have my account there already activated, so I will be online tomorrow, no
sweat. I may even have enough time to test these new boot floppies ;-)

Wish me luck,

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Marcel Harkema wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 03:00:12PM +0000, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Marcel Harkema wrote:
> > >   boot-floppies 2.2.0 has been uploaded to master this morning.  It has
> > >   known bugs and problems.  See <debian-boot@lists.debian.org>
> > >   archive/latest/4319 for more information.  2.2.1 will follow today if
> > >   2.2.0 has problems, the i386 version will be tested today.
> >
> > Currently the files created by the boot floppies package are scattered out
> > over the Incoming directory. Can we get them collected together in one
> > subdirectory, preferably in the disks-i386 section?
> >
> > I would gladly get the testing group started on this, but most of them
> > aren't going to be able to deal with the current state of Incoming. Can we
> > get this fixed?
>
>   I've reorganized the directory where i386 builds (including
>   experimental builds) are stored,
>   http://pandora.debian.org/~marcel/attic/boot-floppies/
>
>   Hope this helps.
>
>   Thanks,