AIC7xxx problem

I've run into a problem booting the kernel on the rescue disk, here are my
system details.
     architecture:  i386
     model:         Motherboard, FIC-2013, AMD K62-350
     memory:        64mb PC-100 SDRAM
     scsi:          Adaptec 2940U
     cd-rom:        Sony 8003 SCSI
     network card:  Kingston 2100
     pcmcia:        no PCMCIA

I read on the website there there are some test kernels that may boot this
card properly and would like to try them out.  I tried the AIC7xxx=no_reset
flag, but the machine still hangs.  I'm currently running Slackware 3.6 with a
2.0.35 kernel, and am having no problems with the SCSI card.
Thanks for any info you can provide.

--
It is common sense to take a method and try it.  If it fails,
 admit it frankly and try another.  But above all, try something.