aic7xxx temporary workaround

This is ugly, but it worked.

I compiled a 2.2.9 kernel, making sure that support both for loop
device, which is under the block device menu, and minix filesystem,
which is under filesystems, were compiled into the kernel.

Then I did the following:

mnt /dev/fd0u1440 /mnt
rm /mnt/linux
cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /mnt/linux
rdev /mnt/linux /dev/ram0
sync

After that, the boot floppy loaded up ok, but for some reason the
installation program wouldn't let me do anything; it seemed frozen.
If this happens, hit alt-f2, then hit enter, then at the # prompt,
type:
/sbin/dbootstrap

This invocation of the install program let me do stuff.  I didn't actually
go through with the full installation, though.

Your mileage may vary.