Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Slink

Stephen Zander <gibreel@pobox.com> writes:

> jdk{-dev,}_1.1.7v1a-2 should fix this but I have reports of the
> symlinks not being correctly recognised byt the preinst scripts
> (although I'm unable to reproduce the problem).  As you say
> purge/reinstall does fix this, so I'm not willing to demand it be kept
> as an important bug, though I will try & get a cleaner preinst script
> working.
>
> Wichert/Brian: can I get this into slink or isn't it worth it
> (Wichert, I'm asking you as Project Leader in case Brian doesn't get
> this).

Just for the record, the upgrade to jdk_1.1.7v1a-2 _did_ work for me.  (I
was one of the original bug reporters as mentioned previously in this
thread.)  I didn't have to purge and reinstall.  So this might be a bug
dependent on some other package or something as I know it's not working for
everyone.

Later,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |