System lockups...

A short while back I wrote in about kernel crashing on one of my systems
running slink.. turns out it was the kernel version and v2.2.0 (now running
2.2.1) fixed it .. Now I'm having some other problems .. Every so often, out
of nowhere, the system just hangs.  No messages are generated in any logs
from what I can tell (I checked syslog, messages, kern.log, debug).  The
logs just show the last 'normal' message (which in this case was an ftp
connection), and then skip right to the kernel booting messages..  Any
ideas?  I've kept up-to-date with slink, and have kernel 2.2.1 installed..

We can't check the console because of the screen-blanking .. where is the
configuration option that does that (for the 'text' mode screen)?

Thanks,
  Terry