Re: dselect/apt boot install

> >    done from an 'apt-get dist-upgrade' or something.  Or just a way to get
> >    dselect to just accept apts idea of what's installed on the system.
>
> Isn't it possible to use dselect's "apt" method and just use the update
> option from the dselect menu?  I thought this would take care of that.

So I thought...that's the FIRST thing I did ;)
it didn't work...dselect lost track of what's installed.  I know it's lost
track of what's installed when it wants to install emacs and X.....yet
apt-get correctly will want to upgrade some stuff based on incremental
version changes...

rrr@infoquest.jeffnet.org