get error with apt

Just installed the 2.1.4 disks, excellent work.

Selected the basic config (from menu before running dselect for the first
time) and used apt method with ftp.us.debian.org. Installed without a
hitch. Decided to get all the packages I would want to run normally and
updated the package lists. Within an hour of the beggining of the
download go an error message saying

Error ftp://ftp.us.debian.org frozen main gcc-docs
 550 /debian/dists/frozen/main/binary-i386/devel/gcc-docs_2.7.3.2-6.deb:
 not a plain file.

Why? Is apt not followin a sym link or is ftp having the problem or am I
trying to get a non-existant file? I hope this is not a real problem. :)

Frisco Rose	rosef@eou.edu

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."    Isaac Asimov, Foundation