Re: how to upgrade from hamm

Now that's what I like to hear! I actually went ahead and grabbed apt, libc6, and
libstdc++ from slink and thus 'cheated' to get the thing going. It seems to be
working so far (slooooooowwww over ftp). I recently upgraded the disk in my
laptop so this disk is now my test disk. It turns out to be a lot easier to swap
the disk out of my laptop than my desktop in terms of sheer numbers of screws and
hassles. Anyway, I'll try the apt for hamm after this one's done. I backed up my
whole disk so I could do installs. I'd also like to do a test from diskettes but
it appears there are none at this point. Well, thanks for the help. Hopefully I
can provide some useful feedback.

Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     Jens> I'm trying to do an upgrade test from hamm ==>
>     Jens> slink. There's no apt for hamm and no disks in slink. How
>     Jens> should I proceed to upgrade? (From past experience I'm
>     Jens> reluctant to upgrade using plain old dselect.)
>
> APT for hamm (0.1.8) is waiting in Incoming. Grab it if you want :)
>
> Ben
>
> --
> Brought to you by the letters D and U and the number 8.
> "Johnny! Don't go! It's too dangerous!" "I don't care!" -- MST3K
> Debian GNU/Linux -- where do you want to go tomorrow? http://www.debian.org/
> I'm on FurryMUCK as Che, and EFNet and YiffNet IRC as Che_Fox.
>
> --

Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com