Re: how to upgrade from hamm

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:

> I'm trying to do an upgrade test from hamm ==> slink. There's no apt for
> hamm and no disks in slink. How should I proceed to upgrade? (From past
> experience I'm reluctant to upgrade using plain old dselect.)

My recommendation is to install the apt from slink (I still had mine from
my old hamm install).  Setup your sources.list, select that method in
dselect, and do your upgrade.  Theoretically, dselect works after a few
runs.  Anyone know the status on the multi-cd stuff?  I think X works now
except for a config/depend on xlib6g.  If multi-cd works ok, all we have
to worry about is the boot floppy size problem.

Good luck,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|  Sometimes you have to release software with bugs. - MS Recruiter  |