Re: proving a bug is gone

> Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> took the time to put together a simple perl
> script that does this and packaged it into a program called debian-test.
> As you can tell by the version number, it's just something to get us
> started with, wishlist bugs are welcome.

There is a 0.0.2 version on its way to Incoming.

Documentation is a bit limited (i.e. almost non-existent ;-), but there are a
couple of feeble test scripts included in the package, and you can see a more
useful example of a test script included in the rsync package.

If both debian-test and rsync are installed, and you run

  debian-test -a

it will run the built-in default tests and the rsync test.  Other packages
just need to drop their tests into the same place as rsync
(i.e. /usr/lib/debian-test/tests/<package-name>)

If you've got tests that cannot be included in a package for some reason, mail
them to me, and I'll stick them in debian-test.

Obviously, there's loads of room for improvement on debian-test, so any
suggestions would be of interest.

Cheers, Phil.