Re: proving a bug is gone

In article <[🔎] 19981108223311.A7583@test.legislate.com>, Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com> writes:
> Adam Di Carlo <apharris@burrito.onshore.com> wrote:
>> Raul, I really think the proof is in the pudding. If you can help
>> shape a working, easy enough to manage test suite, and start
>> filling that in (even, just start with base packages), we'll be
>> able to look at it from there and decide if there's a policy to be
>> written or not.

> Er.. I will make an effort to put simple tests into my bug reports,
> and to put simple tests into the packages I maintain.  But no *way*
> am I capable of addressing all bugs on all packages.

> So I'm not sure what you're suggesting here.

I'm suggesting coordinating with the testing team and working out a
system.  If we get enough people working on the system we will be able
to determine it's applicability for the project.

The testing team has this problem in a big way, since they have to
retest every new upload over and over, which hasn't proven to be very
successful.  If we have a motivated and coherent effort from the
testing team, we're halfway there.