base 2.1.3 attempted install

I attempted an install with resc1440.bin.2.1.3-i386 and
drv1440.bin.2.1.3-i386 from llug.sep.bnl.gov.  I had all my partitions set up
in advance.  After installation of the kernel and the drivers floppy, I
attempted to install a module for my 3COM 3C905, which is connected to my
DSL 'modem'.  I tabbed down to the 'net' modules, hit enter and it said
'Please wait while these modules are detected'.  The installation hung
here, and without my ethernet card, I couldn't continue.  I tried this
twice.

I'm going to install from a Debian 2.0 CD and see how the upgrade goes.
I'll post the results.

Cheers,
Matthew