Re: Slink attempted clean install

    Matt> I then edited .xsession with the line: exec afterstep.  twm
    Matt> still started when I logged in at xdm.  I searched for
    Matt> afterstep and it wasn't there, but found that asclassic was.
    Matt> I changed the line to: exec asclassic, and it still didn't
    Matt> work.  This is where I ran out of energy and decided to send
    Matt> this email. :)

Did you make .xsession chmod +x? I know this is frustrating since
every other unix doesn't require it, but Debian does..

I agree about all your other points. The install has gotten far too
lengthy, and there are a huge number of package splits between hamm
and slink, with no clear guide as to how one should deal with this.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters W and T and the number 7.
"Porco ga daisuki!" -- Fio, "Porco Rosso"