Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 21:29:20 +0000 (GMT)
From: Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
To: bhmit1@mail.wm.edu
Cc: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Status of Slink

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.981207153524.25828A-100000@wm7-214.resnet.wm.edu> you write:
>[ CC'd the devel list because of all the issues I'm raising. ]
>
>On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Brian White wrote:
>
>> What's your opinion about the releasability of Slink?
>
>Boot floppies:
>  At last check, the drivers disk was giving problems.

Hopefully the new set tonight will fix things. I hope the
installer (Brian? Guy?) can get them installed quickly.

>Multi-cd install:
>  Untested, I don't know if anyone has even made an attempt at this one.
>  We need to get some cd images available.

I've got a script that will make them. And I tested them (at least through
an upgrade) here last week. All I need is the boot-floppies for a complete
install...

>That C++ linker error that generated all the traffic a few weeks back:
>  Have all the packages been fixed/recompiled yet?

Pass.

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,                 +------------------