Re: Status of Slink

Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> Boot floppies:
>   At last check, the drivers disk was giving problems.

Last check is that they don't work properly:

*** Topic for #Debian.DE: boot-floppies 2.1.2 sind etwas weniger buggy ;)

                                        [ ... are little less buggy ]

> Multi-cd install:
>   Untested, I don't know if anyone has even made an attempt at this one.
>   We need to get some cd images available.

I made some attempts with dpkg-multicd and it worked like a charm.
However I haven't made any Slink cd's yet, I worked on hamm ones.
I'm currently producing my own master copy of them - and the regular
one will be purchasable in Germany from next week on.  So, yes it works.

> X problems:
>   Do we have the recommends fields correct now?  Others have already
>   reported the problems with xdm.

I don't think so.  I lost my xterm on my office box after an upgrade,
so I guess there was no recommends for it.

> That C++ linker error that generated all the traffic a few weeks back:
>   Have all the packages been fixed/recompiled yet?

I don't think so...

> Mirror problems:
>   Is ftp.debian.org synching master properly now?

Hmm... it should.  It was turned into a push mirror.  However the machine
will change which can cause the regular and awaited trouble right before
the release.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The only stupid question is the unasked one.

Please always Cc to me when answering on the lists.