Re: Status of Slink

I don't feel that slink is quite ready to be released as yet.  There are
two issues I'd like resolved:

1. xdm locks up when started from init.  When I manually do:

/etc/init.d/xdm start

.. it starts up fine.  If I let init do it at boot up, the keyboard locks up.
Can anyone verify this?  Last update was 981206 and it still does it.

produces ^?, which is what <backspace> should produce; <backspace> produces ^H.
<del>/<backspace> mapping in virtual terminals is correct however.

System:

distribution: frozen (slink)
architecture: x86
kernel: 2.1.131 SMP (2x Pentium 200 MMX)

--k