[SECURITY] Change of announcement mails for testing security
- Subject: [SECURITY] Change of announcement mails for testing security
- From: sf at debian.org (Stefan Fritsch)
- Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:29:04 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
there are three ways how security issues are fixed in Debian testing:
- a fixed package migrates from Debian unstable to testing
- a fixed package is uploaded to the testing-security archive on
- the vulnerable package is removed from testing
Up to now, Debian Security Announcement (DTSA) mails were sent for
security fixes that were uploaded to testing-security. This drew
special attention to a few security issues, while the majority of
issues is fixed by migration from unstable. Therefore the old
announcement mails will be replaced by daily summary mails that list
all security issues that are fixed in one of the three ways listed
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact us.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/secure-testing-announce/attachments/20070910/81241035/attachment.pgp