Adaptec 2940U2W

I found a message about the 2940U2W at Deja News, I'll upgrade to kernal
version 2.0.36, were you looking for volunteers to figure out how to
make the U2W work? I just spent $610 to run a U2W and an LVD 9.1 gb
drive (IBM). Unforewtunatley it isn't even seen by kernal 2.0.34. I'll
upgrade, but am interested in resolving the  issue. Since I'm running
(snoozzze) Windozzz on it, since I want to use it; please help; it was
purchased to run Linux.
Larry Venable
Message on Deja News as follows:

Jim Lynch <jim@laney.edu> writes:

> I am running this card with a pair of IBM 18gb drives no problem, by
running
> the new kernels, for example I'm now running 2.2.5 and everything's
working
> well.

> There is a list of things that you need to fix between debian-2.1 and
the
> new kernels; could someone throw up a reference?

Well, there's http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/running-kernel-2.2

There are also adaptec problems in slink that we're hoping to solve in
slink -- it's not a 2.2. problem. I track problems that I'd like to
see fixed in slink at
<URL:http://www.debian.org/~aph/slink-bugs.html>.  One of them is
adaptec support (specifically aic7xxx chipsets).  Right now this
problem is still an issue -- I'd really love to see someone who has an
adaptec drive which has problems with the kernel-image-2.0.36_2.0.36-3
investigate which adaptec drive patches we can apply to fix the
problems.

Volunteers, please?

Please report results to debian-boot, debian-testing, and the
kernel-image maintainer, Herbert Xu.   Thanks.